mardi 15 avril 2008

Angel catched by the police!

For work purposes, I had yesterday to travel to a coastal town. I woke up too early …at 4am :(.
I arranged with my colleague, who will drive me there, to meet at 4.45am

But the problem was how to arrange where to meet :
-it is dark at that time;
-surely the neighborhood’s dogs « kleb el 7ouma »will welcome me seeing me leaving my house at that time:D ,
-my neighbor (a single woman of approximately 50 years old, a very fearful person: "tkhaf 7ata min khyelha") who, when informing her about my travel and about my intent to walk out at that time to join my colleague, yelled at me: are you creasy!! u wanna walk out at that time alone …metkhafech min ness lokhra !!)

I got an idea…why not asking my house owner to get me there since he goes to the mosque to pray the « fajer 7adher » every day. He didn’t’ mind (« machkour »!!!), on the contrary, he and his wife were excited to help me ..they wanted to encourage me since it was my first assignment outside Tunis:D

At 4.45 am, i was with my house owner in the car waiting my colleague, i was thanking him for assisting me when the first police car went past us, the second one …stopped next to our car !

Two policemen get out of their car, came toward us, started looking to us, and asked: what are you doing at this time? Could you give us your identities cards, could you get out of your car…

My house owner tried to explain the whole situation to them: she is “el oustedha flena el felteniya” she should go to the X town…we are waiting her colleague,…
Me i was looking for my identity card but in vain (i found it later... it seems that i was a little bit scared so i didn’t find it at that moment !!)..for my professional card (which i din’t applied for it yet !!!!)…

It was first time that i found myself in such situation! Moreover, i cared for my house owner …”el maghboun” was helping me (messkin jey y3mel fi mzeya yekhi rassatlou fi 7el w orbet !!), and for my reputation if they decided to drive me to the police station w issma3 yeli messma3tech ..mouch flena chadouha..w lé m3aha moula eddar !! ey m3a el fajer ..fech ya3mlou… !!w el 3bed 3ad mehich nekassa twali tzid min 3andha w t7ot..

But thanks God, the policemen seeing how i look (a serious devoted working woman and bint 3ayala) and after presenting myself they welcomed me and even rejected to see my identity card (which i was convinced at that time that i forgot it in my house) and my professional card (which i promised my self to apply for it as soon as i’m out of this bad situation)and apologized for any disturb and said that they were only doing their job and they are there to insure my safety and all the citizen‘s safety and finally wished me good luck :)


Once they leaved, I thanked God for having a neighbor « tkhaf min khyelha » ( very fearful !), « kleb el 7ouma » (the neighborhoud dogs)! and a house owner "hédih rabi w yssali el fajer 7adher"!… thanks to them i declined the idea to walk alone at that time to join my colleague..if i did it may be i would be arrested for « mourawda fi chare3 el 3am » or « el i3tidé 3al akhlek el 7amida » ;)

4 commentaires:

  1. hola te invito que conoscas mi blog soy de chile y busco amigos de todo el mundo, chao angel un beso.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. الحمد لله عندك زهر و هناني اليو حكات علي الزهر... هههههههه

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. They always get it wrong and then talk about service and safety duty!

    RépondreSupprimer